The Commission's targets are:
- to introduce the Heritage of Cartography and Maps as an important part of World's Cultural Heritage
- to access, treat and diffuse the Cartgraphic Heritage by using all available digital tools
- to transform and reference all available assets of Cartographic Heritage in digital form
- to advance innovative cooperation with partners who curate and provide the Cartographic Heritage assets, who transform into the digital, who analyse, interpete and promote Cartographic Heritage, who use the Cartographic Heritage data and meta-data
- to publish the results of the Commission's work.
The working tools used by the Commission are:
- the annual Conferences "Digital Approaches to Cartographic Heritage"
- the focused Workshops
- the thematic Tutorial
- the strategic partnership with the MAGIC Group
- the cooperation with the Supporting Institutions backing the Commission
- the publishing of the Commission's work in the web journal e-Perimetron
The participants of the Commission's 10th Conference "Digital Approaches to Cartographic Heritage", Corfu 27-29 May 2015