WE

WELCOME

HOME

CARTOGRAPHIC HERITAGE

COMMISSION HISTORY

TERMS OF REFERENCE

TARGETS + TOOLS

LOGO (DAISY MAP)

CHAIR + VICE CHAIRS

MEMBERS

TOPICS + WORKING UNITS

CONFERENCES

FOCUSED WORKSHOPS

TUTORIALS

MAGIC - MAP & GEOINFORMATION CURATORS GROUP

SUPPORTING INSTITUTIONS

COMMISSION DESK

E-PERIMETRON ISSN 1790-3769

TEXTS + REPORTS

LINKS with MAPS

PERIOD 2011-2015

PERIOD 2007-2011

Past events

 


More here

 


Participants of the Lisbon portolan charts workshop organised by the Commission member Dr Joaquim Alves Gaspar and hosted by the Lisbon Navy Museum; in association with Tony Campbell and Evangelos Livieratos

 

 


 

 

The Commission is associated with the International Map & Geoinformation Curators Group - MAGIC established in 2014. The MAGIC Group is the continuation of the former "LIBER - Groupe des Cartothécaires" (1978-2014).

 

 

The Commission is supported by institutions willing to work voluntarily as groups and actively participate in its activities. The Supporting Institutions are up to now: the Map Library of the Cartographic and Geologic Institute of Catalonia (ICGC) Barcelona; the Laboratories of Photogrammetry and Cartography of the University IUAV of Venice (IUAV); the Map Section of the National Library of Scotland (NLS) Edinburgh, the Department of Cartography and Geoinformation of Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) Budapest; the CartoGeoLab - Laboratory of Cartography & Geographical Analysis of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH); the History Department of the Ionian University (IU) Corfu and the Hellenic Cartographic Society (HCS)


 

Papers presented in the Commission Conferences are selected for publication in e-Perimetron (ISSN 1790-3769) the international quarterly web journal on sciences and technologies affined to history of cartography and maps, established in 2006.